Martin Luther King, Jr.
This great human being was assassinated on April 4, 1968. He knew that his work on behalf of black rights was dangerous and could cost him his life. Yet he was unafraid to speak out for what he knew to be right.
I cherish his quotes and use many of them on my website. I consider this Baptist minister to be one of the greatest men that ever lived.
Some of his quotes that I like most include:
- The time is always right to do what is right
- A lie cannot live
- Our scientific power has outgrown our spiritual power
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear
- I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality
- Free at last. Free at last. Thank God Almighty we are free at last
- I have a dream
If only those following in his footsteps can be as pure and inspiring as that great preacher.
What do you think?
These are my thoughts on “Martin Luther King Jr.” today, January 15, 2024